Cybex car seats have a brilliant reputation for being super safe, ultra-stylish and packed with functionality. Cybex creates beautiful baby products with outstanding quality that are easy to use and designed for the urban lifestyle. Cybex isn’t only renowned for innovative, highly functional products, but they have a reputation of being a fashion brand, so it’s no wonder parents want to keep their stylish car seats clean and fresh.
Many parents wonder how to clean the Cybex car seats as it’s inevitable that your little monkey will spill something or get their sticky fingers all over the fabric. We’re here to tell you everything you need to know about how to do it safely so you can keep it looking new for longer. We also want to share some of the standout features of the Cybex car seats to refresh your memory of the different types of car seats they offer or for those of you who are still trying to decide which one to buy.
The Cybex Aton B2 i-Size car seat is designed with advanced safety and protective features for your newborn up to around 15-24 months. The innovative Linear Side Impact Protection System (LSP) absorbs the force of impact and channels it into the car seat’s shell, making it a superior safety system for your baby.
Cybex i-Size car seats like the Aton are compatible with Cybex strollers, and they’re super lightweight, so you can easily carry your car seat from your vehicle to the stroller with ease. The Aton has an XXL sun canopy to protect your little explorer on sunny days out and even has 11 different headrest height adjustment positions to keep them comfy as they grow.
How to wash the Cybex Aton B2
Clean the seat covers, shoulder pads, buckle pads, and infant insert as needed using a clean cloth with mild detergent and water. These elements can also be machine washed on a cold, gentle cycle but don’t bleach, tumble dry or iron. Allow to completely air dry, away from direct sunlight, before putting them back on and avoid using harsh detergents or bleaching agents.
To clean the harness straps, harness buckle and latch connectors, use a clean cloth with mild detergent and warm water; remember that the harness straps aren’t removable, so don’t try to do this. Check that the buckle and connectors are in full working order regularly, so it’s a great time to check it over when you’re cleaning it and sometimes a good clean can make the buckle and connectors work more effectively.
How to remove the covers from the Aton B2
Follow these simple 8 steps to remove the covers from your Cybex Aton car seat:
- Lift the lever on the base to remove the car seat
- Open the buckle and loosen the straps
- Remove the shoulder pads
- Pull the cover over the seat rim
- Pull the shoulder belts with the shoulder tongues
- Guide the buckle through the seat cover
- Remove all cover parts from the seat
- Wash and allow to air dry before reattaching.
The R129 Cybex Cloud Z2 i-Size car seat, suitable from birth to around 15-24 months, has a useful 180-degree rotation mechanism that allows the seat to face sideways for effortless ins and outs without straining your back. The recline feature lets your little passenger relax and enjoy the journey for even more comfort on the road. This clever car seat also has a full lie-flat position as part of the travel system with Cybex stroller, making it great for sleepy newborns.
The Cybex Cloud Z2 is designed for safe and comfortable travelling. It has integrated LSP technology, a height-adjustable headrest, and a removable newborn inlay so the car seat can perfectly adjust to your little angel’s as they grow while keeping them safe and sound for all journeys.
The Cybex Sirona Z2 i-Size car seat has all the safety, comfort, and style of other Cybex i-Size car seats but lasts even longer as it’s suitable from birth to around 3.5- 4 years. This Cybex 360 car seat fully rotates, so your precious passenger can remain in a rear-facing position until approximately 15 months old and can be easily spun around to forward-facing.
The rotation mechanism also makes getting your baby in and out of the car seat quick and easy. It allows you to spin to interact with another backseat passenger when the car isn’t moving without getting them out of the vehicle. Your baby is guaranteed a comfortable and joyful journey in this car seat with the easy one-hand reclining feature and adjustable headrest.
Washing the Cybex Cloud Z2 and Cybex Sirona Z2 car seat
The Cybex Cloud Z2 and Cybex Sirona Z2 car seat covers can easily be removed and washed in the washing machine at a maximum temperature of 30 degrees on a delicate cycle. If you wash the cover at a higher temperature, the colour of the fabric may fade. You must first remove the cover from the car seat and allow it to properly air dry, away from direct sunlight, before putting it back on and never machine-dry your Cybex Cloud car seat cover.
Don’t use bleaching agents or harsh chemicals on your car seat cover; mild detergents or fragrance-free detergents are best on the delicate fabric of the car seat and for your baby’s skin. The cover is easy to remove by peeling it away from the car seat, starting from the back. Remember that the harness doesn’t come off, so don’t try to remove any parts of the harness.
How to remove the cover on a Cybex Cloud and Cybex Sirona
To remove the cover on the Cybex Cloud and Sirona, simply follow these 10 easy steps:
- Lift the grey lever on the Cybex ISOFIX base at the top of the leg and lift the car seat to remove it from the base using the car seat handle
- Remove the shoulder pads from around the harness by unsnapping the snaps
- Unfasten the harness buckle
- If you’re using the infant insert, remove that too
- Adjust the headrest to the highest position
- Unsnap the back of the headrest
- Unsnap the two snaps creating the harness slots
- Lift back the pad and remove the headrest cover
- Unsnap each side of the back padding and pull forward
- Pull the seat away from the harness, then starting from the bottom, peel it away from the seat.
For all plastic parts of any Cybex car seat, simply use warm soapy water to wipe it down and use a vacuum cleaner with a nozzle to remove crumbs and bits of dirt for a quick clean or before a thorough clean.
The Cybex Solution Z i-Fix car seat and the Cybex Solution G i-Fix car seat are brilliantly engineered car seats for children around 3 years to 12 years. Complete with the LSP system, automatic head and width adjustment, and compatible with ISOFIX, these car seats are super safe and look great too. They have a built-in patented reclining headrest so your child doesn’t tilt their head forward when they doze off on a long journey for ultimate comfort and safe sleeping.
Washing the Cybex Solution car seats
The Cybex Solution car seat covers can easily be removed and washed in the washing machine at a maximum temperature of 30 degrees on a delicate cycle. Remember not to wash at a higher temperature as the colour may fade. Remove the covers from the car seat before washing in the washing machine and allow it to completely air dry, out of direct sunlight, before putting it back on.
How to remove the cover from a Cybex Solution
Use the following 10 simple steps to remove the cover for washing:
- Adjust the headrest so it’s in the highest position
- At the back of the headrest, unsnap the snappers to loosen the fabric and undo the velcro
- Gently pull the whole piece away from the car seat to remove it
- Do the same to remove the fabric from the shoulder pads
- Remove the LSP supports from either side of the car seat and remove the fabric from the car seat body, starting from the back
- To remove the fabric from the booster seat, first separate the seat from the backrest
- Unhook the loops that attach the fabric to the seat underneath the seat at the front and the sides
- Unsnap the snaps around the back of the seat
- Gently peel the fabric away from the seat, starting from the bottom
- Wash the fabric and air dry before replacing it.
So, not only do Cybex make high quality, super functional and elegant looking car seats that keep your precious little one safe and comfortable for every journey, but they’re easy to clean too!