Kiddies Kingdom is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and will not disclose any information except where it is vital to provide the services which we offer, including the process of arranging an item being sent to you. Your peace of mind is very important to Kiddies-Kingdom.com and we will do all we can to maintain your privacy. To explain how we protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our policy which covers both this website and any contact you may receive from us.
We ask that should you not agree to the terms in this Policy, you kindly leave the website. If you have already purchased an item, whether recently or historically then please do instruct us if you prefer not to receive any further communication from us. If your order was placed recently, please do contact us after your item has been delivered safely.
Last Updated October 2023
Kiddies Kingdom are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect when you:
• place an order for goods or services;
• visit us in store;
• communicate with us about your order or purchase;
• contact us about goods or services you are considering ordering;
• otherwise make an enquiry;
• browse our website;
• interact with us on social media;
• sign up to receive marketing emails;
• park in one of our carparks.
When you interact with us, particularly when you purchase goods or services from us, you may provide us with personal information about you. The information we may obtain includes:
• personal contact details such as title, name, billing/delivery address, telephone numbers, email addresses;
• number, date of birth and gender of any dependants;
• date of birth of any expected dependants;
• purchase history;
• details of your interactions with us in store, online or via email;
• details of your visits to our websites, and which site you came from to ours;
• personal details which help us to recommend items of interest;
• your payment card information;
• your comments and product reviews;
• your vehicle number plate which may be recorded at some of our car parks;
• technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered; and
• your social media username.
• We will also collect personal data when you sign up to receive marketing emails (in store or online), and you pay for your order using Klarna or Laybuy.
• Depending on the nature of our interactions with you, there may be certain essential personal information that we have to collect from you so that we can provide you with the goods or services that you have requested. This will vary depending on the relationship we have with you.
• We may also ask you for additional personal information which it is optional for you to provide but which will allow us to improve the service that we provide to you. For example, you may provide us with additional contact details to make it easier for us to get in touch with you, or with additional information about your circumstances and preferences such as your baby’s due date to allow us to better tailor our services to you.
• We will always aim to make it clear which personal information it is necessary for you to provide and which personal information is optional. However, if you are unsure as to whether you are required to provide any particular piece of personal information, please ask. You can contact us via our Online Contact Form or via email at email@example.com.
• If you do not want to provide your personal information, we will not be able to enter into a contract with you, process your order or answer any query.
We are committed to protecting your privacy, and will only use your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Specifically, we may use your personal information as follows:
• to perform our obligations in respect of our agreement with you, including:
• creating an account for you;
• fulfilling any order that you place
• dealing with queries (including issues, returns, payment and repairs);
• authorising payments;
• booking appointments for a personal shopping event;
• dealing with a complaint or issue you have raised.
• where you have expressly consented to us doing so, including:
• where you have requested that we keep you up-to-date with news and updates, to provide you with the types of news and updates that you have asked to receive by the types of communication that you have asked us to use;
• where you make an enquiry or request any particular information, to respond to that enquiry and provide the requested information;
• when you sign up to prize draws, surveys and competitions; and
• when you provide a product review.
• Where it is necessary for compliance with legal obligations, including:
• for record keeping and regulatory compliance purposes; and
• for carrying out checks to prevent money laundering;
• managing any accidents, injuries or health incidents which occur in store;
• dealing with any product recalls; and
• dealing with any related insurance or legal claims.
• Where we otherwise have a legitimate interest in doing so, including:
• carrying out checks to prevent fraud to protect us from dishonest activity;
• undertaking surveys or market research to enable us to improve the service we offer;
• managing parking restrictions in our car parks;
• analysing interests, trends and changes across the customer base, including suggesting additional products and services that may be of interest to you based on your browsing and purchase history; and
• monitoring our customers views or opinions via social media;
• to inform our business decisions relating to the products you like; and
• Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information in a particular manner, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, which you may do by contacting us. Please note however that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect any use of your personal information made before you withdrew your consent.
Kiddies Kingdom are proud to offer many different brands. Where you provide personal information to us it may be shared where necessary with the relevant brand. This is in our legitimate interests to enable us to operate effectively and to enable us to provide you with an efficient service.
Other circumstances in which we may share your personal informaton, we may share your personal information with:
• providers of outsourced services, such as hosting and IT support or maintenance services (to the extent necessary for the provider to provide those outsourced services to us);
• card payment processors;
• finance companies (including Klarna and Laybuy);
• survey and marketing companies
• professional advisors (including lawyers and insurers);
• the prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets; and
• delivery companies.
• We may also share your personal information with third parties if we are under a duty to share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply such other terms as apply to our relationship, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, ourselves or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
Where you provide us with personal information we may retain this information for future use, including:
• undertaking surveys or market research regarding your purchase or regarding your experience of dealing with us;
• providing you with news and updates of a type you have asked to receive;
• monitoring fraud and other illegal or unlawful activity; and
• regulatory and record keeping purposes.
• The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information and the reason why we collected it from you. However, in some cases personal information may be retained on a long term basis: for example, personal information that we need to retain for legal purposes will normally be retained for at least six years in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements. After this date, the personal information will be moved to a secure encrypted and anonymised archive where it will be stored for a further 23 years to satisfy legal obligations relating to product recalls and personal injury claims.
• It is important to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should let us know if anything changes, for example if you move home or change your phone number or email address. You may be able to update some of the personal information we hold about you through your online account. Alternatively, you can contact us.
• Your decision to stop receiving information from us may result in the deletion of some of the personal information that we hold about you, but we may still retain personal information we require for other purposes, including where it is required for record keeping purposes.
• In certain circumstances you may be entitled to request the erasure of personal information that we hold about you. To make a request of this nature, please contact us, providing full details of the personal information you want to be erased and the reason(s) for your request. We will consider all requests upon receipt and confirm to you whether we are able to agree to your request.
When you browse our website, we may use “cookies” to keep track of your visit and give you a better browsing experience.
In common with most websites, our website logs various information about visitors, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP) information, referring / exit pages and date / time stamp. We may use this information to analyse trends, administer the website, track your movement around the website and gather broad demographic information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, will expire at the end of the user session - when the web browser is closed. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
The protection of your personal information is very important to us and we have in place various security measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure. However, you should be aware that the method you use to get in contact with us, such as email or post, may not be entirely secure and your personal information may be susceptible to being intercepted in transit. Equally, your personal information is at risk if a malicious third party gains access to your account on our customer portal or to any other place where your personal information is stored, such as your email account. You should therefore take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure, including choosing a secure password for your account and your email account and not disclosing your passwords to anybody else. You should use a unique password for every account.
Where we provide links to websites of other organisations, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s and Laybuy's payment options, we will pass them certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna and/or Laybuy to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
• The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data;
• The right of access to obtain a copy of their personal data, as well as other supplementary information;
• The right to rectification of any errors in your personal information;
• The right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
• The right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met; and
• The right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time; We do not use your personal information to make automated decisions about you.
This privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information. Further information is available on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/your-data- matters.
We reserve the right to alter this privacy notice at any time. Such alterations will be posted on our website. You can also obtain an up-to-date copy of our privacy notice by contacting us. Should you object to any alteration, please get in touch.
If you need to contact us about this notice or any matters relating to the personal information we hold on you, you can write to the Data Protection Officer, Kiddies Kingdom, Savile Mills, Mill Street East, Dewsbury, WF129BD.
We hope that the contents of this privacy notice address any queries that you may have about the personal information we may hold about you and what we may do with it. However, if you do have any further queries, comments or requests, please contact us.
Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, this is a very complex area of law. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/.
Your opinion matters to us! As part of our ongoing commitment to further improve our products and services, you may receive an email invitation to leave a review on Trustpilot and/or Google following a purchase from Kiddies Kingdom. This isolated invitation is not linked to our marketing emails and you are under no obligation to complete the review.
Kiddies Kingdom will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information without your permission except under special circumstances and where necessary. For instance if Kiddies Kingdom in good faith believes that the law requires disclosure.
We do provide your details to our chosen couriers so they can contact you with your delivery progress.
Any information collected by Kiddies Kingdom will be treated confidentially.
Your information is only held for a period as a purchase history for tax and vat purposes of the company as required by law.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Kiddies Kingdom cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Kiddies Kingdom, and you do so at your own risk as with all websites.